Sister Elkins

Sister Elkins

Monday, May 19, 2014

I Got The Chiggers In Me!



Hello Friends and Family! 

I'm slowly starting to feel like a missionary!! This week we have 8 new investigators!! Four of those have baptismal dates!! I'm super excited to be doing this great work!! How great is my CALLING!!!

This week we had exchanges and that was more stressful then I would like it to be. I had to show the Sister Training Leader my area and the work we have been doing. Plus get evaluated at the end. Boy, was I on a stress roller coaster! I made it through and I passed on everything. With all high marks! 

Wednesday, I have personal interviews with President Shumway. I'm a bit nervous and not at the same time. Hopefully I won't say anything dumb....

Last night I finally got my first chigger bite! Alright it wasn't just 1 bite. It was 16 bites!!! Needless to say, I did not handle the situation well. I had to take a bleach bath to kill them. Because they stay on you (inside your skin!!!) and there's very few things that can kill them. Their bites are worse than mosquito bites, they itch like none other. If you scratch them, the chigger then leaves the bite and goes somewhere else on your body to suck your blood. So, it's like super-duper important NOT to itch them.  

I couldn't handle the thought that there was a tiny bug on me that I couldn't see or touch. I pretty much had a melt down and begged my companion to just chop my legs off and that I didn't need them. lol
She thought I was a little more than crazy seeing me freak out about this! But how could you not freak out!! Sister Harris says I would die if I ended up in a 3rd world country. lol 

Luckily, the bath helped and now I just have to not scratch the bites! 

Well, I love and miss you all so much!

The Church is true!

Love,

Sister Jackie Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment