Sister Elkins

Sister Elkins

Monday, May 12, 2014

Bring on the Squirrels, Snakes, Armadillos, and the Turtles!

Hello Friends and FAMILY!! 

It's now been a whole month of being out as a missionary! Woot! Crazy how time flies! Friday, was my first Zone Conference! It was a 3 hour drive to Tulsa. It was worth it though. I learned so much about what I need to do to be that better missionary! It was nice to see all the other missionaries too! Sometimes when you’re so far from others, you forget that you’re not the only one out on a mission. lol 

We love serving others!
This week became an official Oklahoman, when I ran over an armadillo. It sadly I couldn't avoid hitting it. The roads were wet and I had a 5 second decision to make. I felt horrible about it and couldn't help cry a little about hitting the poor guy. My companion (Sister Harris) likes to refer to me a murder and tells people that I'm a killer. It's all in good fun though....I think.

 
Me and Mr. Turtle
Well, it's hot here and getting ridiculously muggy. Here it starts off as somewhat cool, then it just builds into this awesome heat that doesn't let up tell past midnight. So walking out in this awesome heat and mugginess is great character building experience. 

Another great things that comes with the heat is snakes. They are EVERYWHERE out here. I do mean EVERYWHERE!! We have to be very careful while we are out walking and always looking on the side of roads for them. We did see a snake and the first thing we did was take a picture of it. It didn't hurt us or anything. So that's awesome. 

We have two new investigators this week and one of them is a Jehovah Witness! We think it would be awesome to convert one of them. The Baptist out here are more than a little scared of us. They think we are some cult and have the devil tapped inside of us. They like to go around to member’s homes and pray for their souls. They are just so cute when they tell me I'm a Sorcerer or the devil worshiper. Good times, good times. 

Well, I'm got to run. Got to go save some souls!

Here's my address if anyone wants to send me some letters...hint, hint! 
Rt 1 box 1347  
1200 church #5 
Talihina, OK 74571

Love to all!


Sister Jackie Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment