Sister Elkins

Sister Elkins

Monday, May 5, 2014

Running From Bees and Loving the Storms!

Howdy Family and Friends!! 

Well, I'm surviving being out here in the woods and the heat. Luckily, we have a nice breeze to cool us down a bit...We are due to have a storm Thursday to Sunday. This means that people tend to act a little more crazy than usual. Storms around here tend to be on the intense side. I think they are cool and make great journal entries. Others just don't see how great they are yet. I'm working changing that. 
Oklahoma is the place you ought to be! 

I love being a missionary! I get to talk to all kinds of people and I just love seeing how someone feels the spirit for the first time. Or finally see that Heavenly Father loves them. 

Love all God's creatures, great and small!

I had a "Fun" experience the other day. We were doing a service project in this lady's back yard. When a red wasp (they are super mean by the way) thought it would be fun to chase me. I totally lost my cool and ran in a field trying to get away from the wasp! It wouldn't leave me alone! Here I was running in a zigzag pattern (thinking that might help lose it) yelling and screaming, arms waving in the air, while my companion and the lady we were serving just watched while laughing at me. I never ran so fast in my life, ran until finally the wasp left me alone. I swear the bee's here have it out for me!!! 
 
Sister Harris is awesome!


So far no one has let it go that the newbie acts crazy when bees are around. On the bright side it makes a great conversion. 
 
Using the same book to teach someone to read, that my mom used on me!
I'm so blessed and happy to be here!! I miss everyone! 

Love you all!

Sister Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment