Sister Elkins

Sister Elkins

Monday, December 1, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Dear Family and Friends!

WOAH DOGIES!! It's cold out side!!! If you were here with me right now, you would be bundled up and looking like an Eskimo right now. Not saying that I personally looking like an Eskimo... it's considered unprofessional. BUT if I could I would dress up as an Eskimo!! They got the right idea on how to stay warm. 

This time of year, I think will be the only time I wish I was an Elder!! It's not all that fun to wear dresses in the winter time all day, every day. Good thing it's going to warm up in a day or two! Back to the 70's weather.

This week, we went around and shared a Thanksgiving message to everyone we could possibly think of. We went and visited less actives, members, investigators, and anyone that would listen to us really.

 I loved sharing the message of Thanksgiving. In Alma describes it best. It says "Worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit, and in truth; and that ye live in Thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." (Alma 34:38) There are so MANY blessings that I'm thankful for. I can't even name them all. I will say this though, I am so deeply grateful for the chance to be on my mission at this time. To be around so many wonderful people. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. I'm so grateful for the atonement and my Savior for all that he has done for me.

Then we had a wonderful lesson with Kendra where we made home made pizza and eggnog! It was so good!! Afterwards we did a 1,000 piece puzzle of Christ together. It was a lot of fun. While we where there, Kendra wanted to do this book of Mormon challenge with us. The challenge is you finish the Book of Mormon in 25 days! Starting on December 1, and you'll be finished on Christmas day!! That's only 22 pages a day! No big deal! So, I started today reading my 22 pages. I look forward to doing this Challenge with Kendra and a few others. :) 


Thanksgiving day was awesome! We are not supposed to teach on Thanksgiving day, and to basically take it easy and be with other people. Our first meal of the day was with Bishop Compton and 20 of students from the college. Who were all from the Bahamas. Needless to say it was a bit crowded and made things interesting. It was still fun and we always have fun when we are will Bishop's family. Then we had Thanksgiving with the Chamba family. They fed us some good food too! They fried their turkey and it tasted sooooo good!!!!

Then we started planning the baptism for Rachel!! She will be getting baptized next week!! I'm so excited for her and the chance to be there with her. She will also be doing the Book of Mormon challenge with us. So many good things are going on for Rachel. She is so amazing and has became a dear friend. I'm so blessed to have her in my life!

I want all of you to know that I love you and miss you. I hope you all have a wonderful day and know that TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! I'll be 22 once again! ;) No one needs to know how hold I'll really be. I can't imagine a better way to spend my birthday than serving the Lord. My birthday will be full of epicness and awesomeness all thrown in one day!! WOOT!!! WOOT!! 

Much love,

Sister Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment