Sister Elkins

Sister Elkins

Monday, June 30, 2014

God Cops


 HI FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!



An investigator got nervous when we asked him what his last name was. He said the only people who asked him that were cops. We laughed and told him that we weren't cops. He said yes we were, we were God cops! I love it! lol

We had such a WONDERFUL week! I'll tell you a little bug miracle we had this week. In our apartment we tend to get a lot of brown recluse spiders, not something that I'm a fan of. So I said a prayer that they would die...the next morning we caught 5 spiders in our spider traps!! 

Prayer really does work! No matter what you pray about. If it matters to you, then it will matter to our Heavenly Father. 

This week we got a new car!! We are so excited about it!! It's a brand new car! Right off the lot! A Toyota Corolla 2014. We named the car Buttercup. Just so we can say,

 "Buckle up Buttercup!" 
That phrase will catch on some day. MWHAHAHA...

We have a new investigator this week. She's a cute little 9 year old named Cora. She had woken up one morning and wanted to be baptized. She's set a date for the 4th of August. We asked her how Heavenly Father blesses families. Her response was awesome! She said

 "Heavenly Father gave me a family that won’t poison me or kill me. 

Cora is such amazing little girl and we just love teaching her. You never know what she's going to say. 

This week we had taught the Word of Wisdom to some investigators. They had a problem with smoking and some other things. Since they have agreed to cut down on the smoking, they find that the cravings aren't so bad, that it's getting easier to quit. This week we are going to ask them to just stop and no more cutting down. We'll be praying that they will be able to stop smoking and come closer to Heavenly Father for stopping the habit. 
Here's an interesting thing I ate this week. It's called Hogs Head cheese. Not sure why they call it cheese. It's made out of a pigs head. (Teeth and all) It looks like a thin slice of ham. It wasn't too bad of a taste. Not something I would go out of my way to eat though. 

I also learned how to eat fried chicken. (Yes, there's an art to eating fried chicken). Out here they put syrup on the chicken. They put it on there like you would a pancake. At first I thought that sounded gross! Or a heart attack waiting to happen. I tried it though and it actually was pretty good. It added more flavor to the chicken. 

The weather is getting better. I now think 86 or 90's is rather cool. That's almost jacket weather! It's not the heat that's the problem it's the humidity. I'll take dry heat any day! lol 

I love the work here in Talihina! I'm lovin the people and love seeing the gospel improve their lives. It will never get old when I see someone's testimony grow. I can't even began describe how happy I am to be out here serving the Lord. There is nothing I’d rather be doing. 
I love you all so much! 

Love you’ns! 
Sister Elkins

No comments:

Post a Comment